Key to the success of the KHOBRA transfer system is a tensioner and compensation system that monitors and compensates for vessel motions and changes in draft. It protects the receiving vessel manifold from excessive forces during transfer and monitors the manifold position to check for vessel drift from the quayside and trigger emergency shutdown or, ultimately, release through breakaway couplers if limits are reached.
Key component includes
- Uses standard marine knuckle boom crane
- Minimises operating personnel
- Flexible LNG transfer and / or vapour return lines – 4” to 8”
- Safe operation (SIL 2)
- Active emergency release and shutdown systems
- Quick connection / disconnection
- Easily aligned to different manifold arrangements
- Monitors and compensates for vessel motions including limit detection system
- Transfer of loads through secure landing frame
- Proven gas handling components
The KHOBRA system has been designed to provide small to mid-scale LNG operators with a cost-effective solution to maximise the efficiency and safety of LNG transfer. We are currently working with clients, Classification Societies and regulators and industry bodies to integrate it into harbour operations supporting an LNG-fuelled future.