Houlder is wholly independent meaning clients – including local and national government – can be confident it is acting entirely on their behalf, whether the task is writing a vessel specification, assessing a yard’s capability, approving plans and design drawings, supervising build work or expert representation during arbitration or in Courts of Law.
Technical consultancy services include
- Marine consultancy & project management
- Concept development
- Ship design and analysis
- Plan and drawing approval
- Technical support and maintenance
- Design & engineering oversight
- QHSE activities including HAZIDs and HAZOPs
- Technical and commercial risk management
- Detailed review of purchase order specifications, vendor technical specifications, technical queries and planning, procedures & method statements
- Oversight of all construction, testing, commissioning & installation
- Maintenance of all verification records
- Supervision of preparation of as-built documentation
- Support during warranty period
- R&D project support
- Expert Witness and forensic engineering
Specifically related to innovation we can support
- Feasibility & technology studies
- Nautical analysis
- Regulatory gap analysis
- Risk assessment
Houlder has a positive industry presence and strong relations with Class Societies. As a result, the team is fully conversant with all relevant LNG Industry Standards, International Rules and Regulations as well as Class requirements.
Houlder is a member of the Society of Gas as Marine Fuel (SGMF) working group “LNG Bunkering: Functional Design Requirements.” The company is committed to standardisation of bunkering manifold connectors and safety requirements for bunkering controls . Consistency in small to mid-scale bunkering operations is key to championing the wider use of LNG as a cost-effective fuel for future shipping. As a founding member of the SGMF, Houlder can justifiably claim to be at the forefront of LNG as fuel developments.