Designed to flexibly service a range of receiving vessels, Houlder FSU and FSRU barges provide an LNG transfer rate of 300m3/h and the option for MGO storage.
The 1500 cubic metre capacity barge design has the following Principal Dimensions.
- Length overall 62.00
- Breadth (Moulded) 16.00m
- Depth 4.70m
- Draught 2.50m
Key features include;
- Low draft
- Flexibility of location
- Cost effective design
- Integrated transfer system
Design includes the following;
- Dimensions can be configured for specific locations, incorporating for example a draught restriction, or others such as:- length, breadth, air draught, etc.
- Compatibility with manifold of feeder vessel
- Design to be compliant with the results of the Risk Assessment to be undertaken during the design stage
- Hazardous areas for the barge to be compatible with those of the feeder vessel
- An ESD system will be fitted to be compatible with designated replenishment vessel(s)
- For the FSRU the LNG will be pumped to the atmospheric vaporisers and then sent to shore, via gas compressor(s) as required, a vapour manifold will be connected to the shore facilities
- For the FSU there is the option to bunker MGO for supply to dual fuelled vessels
- Low environmental footprint
- Designed to minimise maintenance
- A nitrogen storage system will be fitted
- Mooring arrangements can be configured to be suitable for local conditions either with the vessel moored on fixed piles or with mooring lines.
Houlder’s FSU/FSRU barges have capacities from 1500 to 5,000 cubic metres. They are fitted with the following equipment;
- Oily bilge pumps and storage tank
- Seawater fire pump for firefighting
- Drencher pump
- Dry powder system for LNG firefighting
- Ballast Pumps for controlling trim and draught
- Bottle racks of Nitrogen for Purging lines
Houlder’s floating FSU/FRSU solutions are designed for the berthing dimensions and environmental conditions local to most existing and planned LNG developments.